Monday, August 30, 2010

i have nothing to offer

how do i tell you i have nothing to offer,and yet i'd give you the world?
i'm not someone so wonderful; my heart beat is barely even real.
i love the way your smell lingers gently on my mind,
and lights my imagination every moment, all the time.
i find myself believing that you should be with me,
but my mind refuses my heart any such thoughts to run free.

if you would just go away, it would be so much better,
my heart would not feel the need to argue my mind to un-fetter.
i could fall in love with you when you look up at the sky,
as i notice how the moonlight twinkles and sparkles in your eyes.

if there was no you to show me exactly how i could feel,
i could easily forget how any of this seems real.
if i can make you hate me, then i can be alone.
no memories of the sound of your voice or disappointed tone.
if i could tell you that, then my life might not be so wrinkled.
but the expectations of you and me might make the water ripple.
please just walk away quietly as you have no idea,
my heart and soul and life are just simply not so simple.

it's not that i want to be alone, it's that you remind me that i don't.
it's not that i'm in love with you, but that you open up the door.
it's not the fact that you're here that scares me, but it doesn't help.
it's not the way you smile that keeps me, but it doesn't hurt.
it's not that i don't want you--it's simply that i do.
it's not that i don't love you--it's what happens if it's true?

No comments:

Post a Comment