Friday, September 9, 2016

"Oh thank God Albert, she looks white"

Classic font for a classic issue.  I love my country--I love my country so much I am one of the 2% that has served in its military, and I am as American as they come.  I am the "great melting pot"--European and Asian in descent.  Some of my American roots go back to the 1830s.  I have ancestors that fought on both sides of the Civil War.  But take a close look at that picture to the side.  That's me.  Dark brown hair, light to dark olive skin depending upon how much sun I've gotten.  Brown eyes with a slight reddish tint.  So I'm going to be blunt.  I'm ambiguous looking to racist morons. 

Actually, I'm ambiguous looking to a slew of people.  I've been called chink, wop, spic, wetback, blue gum, hi-yella (didn't even know what it meant when I was first called it), nigger, jap, jigger, cracker (racists come in all colors and education levels), beaner, betty and betty crocker (ironic when you consider one is for a Phillipino and the other is a caucasian slur), injun, squaw, ching-chong, chiquita, chonkey, gook, flip, ginny, goulash, grease ball, green bean (and green beaner), gringo, guinea, gwai-lo, hadji, half baked (not the mary jane version), miyagi, mocha and mocha latte, mojito, mutt, nacho, zipper, oreo, rice ball and rice cracker, sand nigger, zeppo, sapanglish, taco, white chocolate, zipperhead,...there's probably a few more.  More ironic?  I've been called all of these names right here, right in my country, right in the good ole' USA--Home of the Free and the Brave, where all men (and women) are created not so equal in the eyes of some.  Oh that must be because I live in the South.  No, I've been called these names in various locations around this great nation that I love.  I've been asked in various levels of rude with the tone in the voice to accompany the level of rudeness "what are you?" and other questions addressing my race or moreover the assumed race the moron that's asking me assumed.  This has been my world on and off through the years.  For the most part, I always found it laughable...But there were plenty of times that it wasn't.  Like the Caucasian druggie trash that pushed on me then proceeded to spit on me not just once but twice because I refused to tell her what my race is.  I admit I beat her ass.  She had warrants and an arrest record a mile long, so yours truly was actually asked to press charges because pushing and spitting on someone is actually assault.  I was released on self defense.  Of course, at first, I was the one in cuffs.  

What's your point Alex?  My point is simple.  I do not want to go back to that version of America.  Ever.  Oh I know, you people that are wanting to vote for Donald Trump can bullshit all you want.  The facts are this.  He doesn't know when to shut up--not a good leadership quality.  He thinks he knows everything--more than generals, MI6, the CIA and NATO intelligence combined--another not so much of a leader quality.  If in doubt, look at the know it all we have as a President right now.  He has no plan.  Everything is one liners with no plans to back it up. His plans are to tell us after he's elected--yep, because there's no plan except to get elected.  No substance, comb over hair, orange spray tan skin, and a television media circus.  That's not leadership.  But yet, the Trumpites will scream at you if you don't think he should be President.  Who does this?  White America.  Mostly white male America.  Sorry but just fact.  Hell I just had one yesterday say because I said I was voting for Johnson and I quote, "I can't wait till Trump is President so all the blue gums will have to shut up."  Yes, he was talking about me.  Lucky for him the white guy between us immediately said that was inappropriate and I obviously wasn't black.  Oh gee, thanks.  But on the bright side, the inappropriate comment meant that two of the white people, because technically from their vantage point yours truly isn't white, backed off screaming at me.  Hell, I wasn't even saying I was going to vote for Clinton--because I have nothing nice to say about that piece of shit either.

Oh yes, I know.  I've heard it over and over and over.  You just want America to be "great again".  Really?  A man who has literally insulted every race but white?  That's going to make America great again?  Unity doesn't come from racists thinking that they can call someone a racial slur.  Oh I know.  I do.  I know way better than you.  I've been called so many incorrect racial slurs it's nauseating.  Come to think of it I was even called a "kraut" once in a derogatory way.  I have a German last name afterall.  In fact, that idiot actually called me a "wop c*nt" until I corrected him that my Italian last name was actually my ex-husband's.  Then he asked what my maiden name was and bam, he called me a "kraut"--like either were going to upset me.  Words are really just words--until you think you "own" me.  And make no mistake that asshole that called me indirectly a "blue gum" last night is one of those that thinks being white means he should own you.  Not just those of us that might be a mix of various races or any race that he deems below him.  Eventually those types see even their own as the enemy.  

Do you think I'm sorry that in the 1990s America's version of sexy went from dumb blonde drug addicts like Marilyn Monroe and Farrah Fawcett to smart sassy independent women like Tia Carrere, Jennifer Lopez, Catherine Zeta-Jones, and Alyssa Milano?  Nope.  Do you think I miss asshats in Walmart, the Piggly Wiggly, or Winn Dixie walking up to me demanding that I answer the question "what are you" with my racial background?  Nope. Do you think I have missed the openly racist jerks like the idiot last night that found out that most of America isn't like them?  Definitely no.  The problem is that he is straight on point though.  

Yes, you read that last line right.  That openly racist asshat was right on target.  Donald Trump is a racist misogynist, and that guy knows that the America Trump wants means he's no longer the loser with long hair at the bar.  He's "white" again.  America's "white" again.  And he can look down on people like me or even "white" people that look like me and especially anyone that there's not a doubt that they aren't "white".  The difference is he's willing to admit that's what he wants and why he's voting for Trump.  He knows that's the only reason to vote for Trump, and he doesn't care it's the only reason.  He's proud it's the only reason and he will be the first one to assume you are voting for Trump for the same racist reason he is.  BAM.  That's it.  He's a racist and you are a kindred soul that is as racist as he is.  In fact, he even looks down on you a little.  You are making up reasons to vote for Trump and he's better than you are because he knows and admits why he's voting for Trump.  That's going to make America great again.  

I can tell you all the reasons that I can't vote for Clinton--it would take a blog or two.  I can tell you all the reasons that I can't vote for Trump--it would take volumes he's said so much moronic crap just in the last couple months, let alone the last year.  But I can tell you the major reason that I'm voting for Johnson.  I don't believe that Clinton or Trump can unite this country.  We are falling apart because we are fighting each other like dumbasses.  Clinton can't fix that--she helped Obama create it.  Trump can't fix it.  He has alienated almost every working woman by belittling successful women based on their looks.  He has insulted every race or religion that he can think of that fits his narrow view of the world.  He's even alienated himself from most of his own party let alone the "other" party.  The Clintrump machines will not unite this country; neither have the ability....and in all honesty, neither have the desire.  They are still using the divide and conquer with less than 2 months to the election.  Johnson is simply the only chance we have to unify.  

I know.  We all hate losing.  We are Americans afterall.  Losing is not in our vocabulary.  Adapt, overcome, over, under, around--whatever it takes to get the job done.  That is the American way.  In that sense the Clintrump machines are the epitome of American, but divide and conquer?  That's not the American way.  United we stand, divided we fall.  There will never be a day in the Presidency of Clinton that someone will not still hate her with every fiber in their body.  There will never be a day in the Presidency of Trump that millions wouldn't harbor that same hatred for him.  But my day to day life?  Is she going to make it better?  Hell no--she cheated just to get Bernie out of the running.  Trump, well, I already know that America.  The open racists being on their high horses and eventually bringing all the closet racists out into the open again.  Thanks but no thanks.  That's not my United States of America.  It may have been my Grams and Granddaddy's America.  When I was born, my grandparents went to see me in the nursery of the hospital.  The part of the country they were from has a lot of Hungarians.  My Grams prayed I would look like one of them.  When they got to the nursery, Grams breathed a sigh of relief, looked at my Granddaddy and said, "Oh thank God Albert, she looks white."  For the Trumpites, you have to ask yourself is that where you want this country to go?  That's where he wants to take us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment