Sunday, March 6, 2016

I wanna be President....

It's ridiculous that most people have no idea what they are or aren't voting for.  Seriously.  I talk to so many different people all the time, and lately people that have no idea about why or what they are voting for seem to be voting.  I am always very for the idea that more people get involved, understand the process, and make an effort to have their voices heard.  The only thing that I totally never expected was the onslaught I was hoping for to be of people that would listen to one liner sound bites and the extent of their involvement would be to the most shallow level of following cartoon character, reality television--"I'm not here to make friends"--type so faithfully...and blindly.  Worse yet, I didn't expect that I would be more concerned about some narcissistic moron than a man who was not "natural" born.  Who knew?  So a few months ago I was doing a Bill of Rights series.  Yet, now, we have the ultimate "Manchurian candidate" running for President and professing his absolute love for this country and yet somehow oblivious that he should not be running for President.  That would be fine, except for the fact that he's considered one of the finer attorneys in this country so how could he not know???  So let's not mince words.  Ted Cruz wants to be President, but why?

Ted Cruz has used utterly nasty political tricks.  He wants it bad.  His father, former fighter for Castro, somehow now has found God and runs around the country like some great evangelical.  I'm always leery of anyone that wants to be an "evangelical".  They are self proclaimed and I'm not sure how that works.  For all the religions that I've been exposed to, the "evangelicals" always seem to be almost cult like.  So Ted Cruz's father has definitely helped pull some far Christian right votes for his son.  But here's where it gets strange.  His father was a "freedom fighter" for Castro...aka. a communist.  When he supposedly fled Cuba, let's assume that's actually true, he loved the USA so much he went on to Canada and became a Canadian citizen.  He married an American and they had a child in Canada, at a Canadian hospital, and that allowed that child duo citizenship until he was 18.  Ted Cruz has served the people of Texas pretty well overall.  Not as well as Rubio served Florida, but Rubio was the son of two immigrants and born in the USA.  There's no question about his eligibility.

So some novice told me that Cruz running was the same as McCain running.  "Really," I inquired. "How so?" Because the Constitution would allow McCain so therefore it would allow Cruz.  I laughed.  He was serious.  I asked him if he knew what the Constitution said.  He said that any citizen could be President.  No, that's not what it says.  Then he said it said had to.  No, that's not what it says either.  It was obvious he was guessing.  He was going on the little sound bites.  So I looked up on the internet what it states and read it to him word for word.  He looked at me dumbfounded.  That's not what it says, he kind of said under his breath.  I showed him.  It's too easy wording.  Yes, it is; the Founding Fathers wanted anyone with an 8th grade education be able to understand it.  It's not that complicated.  What does it state?  Well, within Article II Section 1, it states:

"No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President;..." 

The first part applies to all persons after the Constitution applies--the red part.  The only allowed exception was when the Constitution was first adopted--that's the black part.  The blue part is well self explanatory.  The red and black apply to who can be President of the United States of America.  "Natural born".  McCain was born to a US Naval Officer and his wife, also an American citizen, on a US military base in a US military hospital.  By definition, a US military base is considered US soil and thus "natural born".

So, last time I checked Canada is still a different country.  Born in another country does not apply to the above statement.  A liberal Supreme Court might, and I think this would be a huge stretch even for a liberal court, to allow an American citizen born in another country to run for President.  A conservative court would most likely not allow it.  Justice Scalia's death, the most conservative Justice on the current SCOTUS, becomes kind of timely for Ted Cruz.  The Court could split 4 to 4 and he could be President before anything is decided.  By then, it would be too late.  However, I don't believe liberal or conservative Justices will side with Ted Cruz on this one.

Why?  I explained to the guy sitting there.  If Ted Cruz becomes President, then it means anyone in the world, born to an American parent, even if born and raised in China by a Chinese parent or a Russian born and raised in Russia, could be President.  Yes, that's what that decision, the decision to allow him to be President, would create.  The media could care less.  They are more worried with ratings and creating as much conflict as possible.  Plus, the majority would prefer another Democrat in the Presidency.  That's not any kind of secret.  Conflict and a Supreme Court decision against Cruz would supply plenty of ratings and guarantee a Democrat wins.  So, is there a possibility that SCOTUS would vote in Cruz's favor he asked?  I would think he would be more likely to win the liberal Justices--liberals tend to give a more expansive interpretation.  The conservatives would be more likely to bend the rules for a proclaimed "conservative".  Not someone like Scalia.  A far right conservative Justice would be very vocally opposed to bending any rule, even for someone of the Republican party.  His death, and in Texas, seems awfully timely.  Coincidence?  Maybe.  I'm not much for conspiracy theories.  So it probably is a real possibility.  There's little secret that a large portion of people in power, both here in the US and globally, would like to create the New World Order.  Ending the Constitution of the United States would have to happen for the NWO to become a reality.  The first step to that is side stepping one of the major clauses in the original Constitution.  Making it so anyone in the world could become President.

He looked at me sheepishly.  Then said boldly, that's why he voted for Trump.  No, I said to him.  He had voted for Trump because he appeals to the angry white man in him.  He looked at me and said that it wasn't and that it was because Trump says what he thinks.  So do I, I told him.  But I'm not arrogant enough to think that makes me qualified to run for President.  He then admitted that he was embarrassed by Trump egging on people to hurt protesters.  He couldn't believe a veteran was videoed slapping a young woman and pushing her.  Now he was thinking he should have voted for Cruz.  And now that we talked, I inquired.  He didn't know.  He all of the sudden was worried that he didn't know enough about how everything worked.

Perhaps, no absolutely, he did not know enough about how the system was designed by the Founding Fathers.  He had never actually read the Constitution.  No one had ever told him that it was written in fairly simple language.  He thought it was super complicated.  I told him that it wasn't and it isn't even that long.  The Founding Fathers weren't trying to make it difficult for the average American to understand and the average American in the 1770s could usually read and understand simple language.  The Constitution was written for all Americans, not just the educated or the rich.  Do I think he'll read it?  I have no idea.  I imagine since he and I converse every month or so that I'll eventually know if he does or not.  If he does, I expect he'll want to discuss it and see if I agree with what he thought it said.  And that is exactly what I hope for.  Then he can have his own opinion and decide with a better idea of who he really wants leading the process and the Nation.

All that being said, he now was a little concerned that Cruz was running for President.  And we are on the same page.  Why is Ted Cruz, who supposedly loves this great Nation, running for President?  He has to know the risks that would follow.  I suspect Ted Cruz is a true "Manchurian Candidate".  He opens a can of worms if he wins a nomination, Republican or Democrat.  And there will be no putting those worms back in the can; he has to know that too.  Hell at this rate, I want to be President.  If anyone can be President, why not me?  As if.  And Daffy Donald and the Cruzanian Candidate don't belong there either.

No comments:

Post a Comment