Friday, October 11, 2013

That's a quote that...

Ever watched a movie and thought WTF?  Or had a thought about some line as it went by?  OK, maybe I'm the only one, but here goes:

(Note, if you can't figure out what movie, the list is below.  Enjoy!)

1.  "If you build it, they will come."  Really?  Don't you think that will depend on what you build?  Then again, somebody in Kansas has the largest ball of twine and I know at least two people that have stopped to see it.  Yea, if you build it, they will come, but no one said how many "they" would be.

2.  "Rosebud." If someone asks you to give them one word that sums up your whole life and all you can come up with is a childhood toy's name, that is probably as pathetic as it gets.

3.  "I love the smell of napalm in the morning."  OK, psycho.

4.  "Love means never having to say your sorry."  Unless you're a cheating dog.  Of course, then it is quite arguable that what you have is definitely not love.

5.  "There's no place like home."  Yes, Captain Obvious.  If it's not home, it's some place else.

6.  "You can't handle the truth!"  Well, take it as a compliment Lt.  Neither can the majority of the people on the planet.

7.  "I'm walking here.  I'm walking here."  Yep, I see that darling.  Keep walking.

8.  "I see dead people."  Me too.  At every Zombie walk, run, and Halloween party.  Who knew that kid wouldn't be the only one?

9.  "A boy's best friend is his mother."  I hope not.  There are just some things I don't ever need to know about my boys.

10.  "Nobody puts baby in the corner."  If she was an adult, nobody would still be calling her baby.  Babies do get put in a corner.

11.  "Frankly, my dear.  I don't give a damn."  Then why bother saying so as you're walking out the door?

12.  "What we have here is a failure to communicate."  And who's fault is that?  Have you ever noticed the people that quote this are often themselves the failure side of the communication?

13.  "You talking to me?"  No, I'm talking to the wall behind you.  It's more responsive.

14.  "You are, and always have been, my dream."  Good thing it wasn't a nightmare.

15.  "I've never fully understood that expression, but no, I'm not shitting you."  If I were "shitting" you, I'd be in the bathroom after a dinner with Hannibal Lecter.

16.  "For men, women are like a buffet.  You don't want to sit down until you've piled your plate up as high as possible."  Seriously guys.  You usually can barely handle one woman, let alone a smorgasbord.

17.  "It is not the violence that sets men apart. It is the distance that he is prepared to go."  In another words, put up or shut up.

18.  “The good ended happily, and the bad unhappily. That is what Fiction means.”  Yes, but we can dream.

19.  "A kind of English, sir. I think he learnt it in a place called Chicago."  And his name is Obama.  (Hahaha, I don't care if you're a liberal.  That's funny and you know it.)

20.  "Life's too short to be pissed off all the time."  Just can't improve on that, can you?

21.  "A man curses because he doesn't have the words to say what's on his mind."  Or because saying what actually is on his mind might be worse.

22.  "I don't know what's worse, church or jail."  Suppose that depends.  Are you a liar or a psycho?  If you're both, they'll probably both suit you just fine.

23.  "Surely a chocolate assortment has been known to melt the heart of even the hardest misanthrope."  I know women that won't melt over chocolate.  I doubt a misanthrope will.

24.  "All you do is scare and lie to try and get what you want."  Too bad that isn't only applicable to a character in a movie.

25.  "Why can't a woman be more like a man?"  Where would be the fun in that?


1.  Field of Dreams
2.  Citizen Kane
3.  Apocalypse Now
4.  Love Story
5.  The Wizard of Oz
6.  A Few Good Men
7.  Midnight Cowboy
8.  The Sixth Sense
9.  Psycho
10.  Dirty Dancing
11.  Gone with the Wind
12.  Cool Hand Luke
13.  Taxi Driver
14.  The Notebook
15.  Sweet Home Alabama
16.  The Infidel
17.  Lawless
18.  The Importance of Being Ernest
19.  Murder on the Orient Express
20.  American History X
21.  Malcolm X
22.  Fried Green Tomatoes
23.  The Ladykillers
24.  The Help
25.  My Fair Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment